Our client in Richardson, TX is seeking to fill an accounting role this week! The Accountant will work closely with the Controller/Accounting Manager to assist with all financial and accounting compliance, reporting, audits, budgets, and controls. Must haves are: thorough knowledge of GAAP, Financial Reporting, Month-end Closings and Reconciliations, General Ledger; and, have working experience and knowledge in Accounting Compliance, Audits, Budgets, Controls, and Taxes.
- Performs general cost accounting, financial accounting, and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements among other reports as requested.
- Maintains the General Ledger.
- Sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Assists the outside accounting firm by providing the data required to prepare tax returns
- Files required tax forms and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in an IT Services company is highly desirable and will be a significant plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience in GAAP, A/P, A/R, Accruals and reconciliations.
- Superior data management and data analysis skills.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access database).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Cumulative of 2-5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
- CPA is desirable but not required
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org