Accounting Manager – Inventory
We are looking to add an Inventory accountant located in Fort Worth, TX. This role reports directly to the Controller and is a valued member of the accounting team. The inventory accountant will ensure the accurate recording of inventory, COGS, and other assigned accounting transactions, in the accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures and controls. Additional responsibilities include providing excellent client service to the sales and operations teams, assist with developing and implementing internal controls, and processing and recording accurate financial data.
- Review and analyze inventory reports, conduct research, and perform analytical studies in-regards to costs analysis.
- Track, post, and record inventory transactions along with Inventory Team and their specific functions.
- Identify issues with the inventory balances and research all cost variances of inventory and COGS.
- Manage reconciliations of inventory and cycle counts on a monthly and annual basis.
- Handle month-end processes.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Assist manufacturing with costed BOMs; ensure BOMs are accurately maintained in ERP system.
- Labor, Material, and Overhead allocation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-Motivated, with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP system experience highly desired.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, accredited University
- 3+ years of experience as an inventory accountant performing GL close and/or cost accounting
- Experience in consumer products or manufacturing industry preferred
- Ability to work with others in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Overall understanding of accounting department interfaces between AR/AP/Fixed Assets/Payroll/Purchasing
To apply for this job email your details to Lragan@threepointsearch.com