The Business Development Manager will build a sustainable base of business that meets and exceeds revenue and order intake objectives for agreed upon accounts in their assigned territory through tenacious focus on our clients seven step sales process. In this role, you will be a driving force behind their expanded sales initiative, leading new business growth across three primary retail vertical markets (Grocery, Quick Serve Restaurants, and Convenience Stores). To be successful in this role, the candidate must be well organized and have a plan for working his / her territory. He or She will work the entire sales pipeline daily. This starts with creating new leads, qualifying the leads, developing the opportunity, creating value, presenting solutions, and closing new business. The ideal candidate will be a “Hunter”, while still having the skill set to maintain and grow the business relationships that he / she started. This position will focus on the top and mid-tier regional prospects across retail markets verticals therefore requires strong prospecting skills to major retail organizations.
- Candidate will work from home office and travel to customers when necessary (up to 50% travel); Currently all meetings are taking place remotely due to Covid
- Candidate will be responsible for new business (90%) – this role is a new vertical for the team
- Ability to develop new relationships, tactical prospecting, and ability to penetrate new accounts
- Building and establishing their book of business over the years, 3-5 may change once clients are established
- Responsible to developing the relationship o Range of accounts (may only buy once and never hear again, medium accounts that have repeat customers, and regional customers that maintain long term relationships.)
- Measured on order intake (when contract is signed and turned into sales & admin team, 2nd element when the product invoiced. Other measurable tools on performance (CRM activities, sales meetings, account plans etc)
- Must have experience utilizing a CRM software to document all sales activity, manage the sales pipeline and identify, track and facilitate closure of key opportunities.
- Report directly to Regional Vice President of Sales.
- Candidate must have a consultative or solutions oriented selling style and mindset.
- Candidate must make heavy outbound calls/emails to prospects and customers to drive bigger deals and more new opportunities.
- Revenue: Develop, realize, and maintain incremental revenue by selling and advocating products and services “to”, “through” and “with” prospective customers within specified territory and / or assigned accounts.
- Candidate will maintain on-going relationships with multiple contacts throughout client’s organizations and effectively utilize internal resources to insure smooth delivery of products/ services and payment.
- Candidate will process all sales order paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Resolve customer conflicts quickly.
- Candidate have experience demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects to achieve commitment and results.
- Experience and understanding of retail information technology (IT) platforms a plus.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Sales experience within the retail market selling concepts.
- Position requires a “hunter mentality” and has demonstrated successful penetration of tier 2 retail accounts and has high level contact selling solutions and driving sales.
- Must be organized, motivated and possess the ability to follow a structured sales process and develop and execute a sales plan enthusiastically.
- Qualified candidate possesses the ability to provide a solution based selling approach (versus only product selling) to senior level executives.
- Strong account management, closing and “win-win” negotiating skills are essential.
- Exceptional business writing and communication skills.
- Can create, modify and powerfully deliver Power Point presentations across all levels.
- Can effectively use Excel and other MS applications.
- Candidate who has experience working in a retail vertical would be beneficial (grocery stores, restaurants, convenient stores, commercial malls) or a technology background.
- Experience in designing and negotiating winning sales proposals that involves calculating pricing to reach gross profit targets.
- Continuously Develops Sales Leads.
- Uses Standard Discovery Questions to Qualify Prospects.
- Makes Persuasive Presentations.
- Commits Extra Effort to Ensure Success.
Non – Negotiable Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – BA or BS, not specific
- 6-8+ years solution-based sales experience. Ideally, sales for non-commoditized solutions is preferred.
- Competitive mindset – being in front of customers and developed a maturity level and has the capacity to deal with Senior Exec that will be beneficial for their role.
- Seasoned salesperson who has a polished presentation and background.
- Develop and explore new markets.
- Seeing their “fruits of their labor” mentality.
- Candidate must show job stability and constant career path and not someone who has jumped from position to position (longer to 3- 5years tenure).
- Candidate must be emotionally intelligent. If in a meeting with high executives, being adaptable and recognize the audience, keep a level head, professional, pilot.
- Candidate must have a mindset that they are selling a solution and selling its value versus a race to finish mentality. Want someone who can provide a solution to the customer.
- Candidate must have patience and experience with long sales cycle (up to 1 ½ – 2 years).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com